HOT AND NOT HRR Week

FullSend
Elite

Re: HOT AND NOT HRR Week

Post by FullSend »

fatsculler wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:04 pm HOT: GB M4X taking the scalp of the Poles
Spain winning their first ever Henley title (not that the Spanish team have entered that many times0
Brookes were in 6 finals (including composites) and won them all - including 4 consecutive races
Greenwich v Deerfield - a great race in the only all American final
Canada's W8 handing a smack down to the GB W8
Teddies v st Paul's in the PE - the PE final always delivers a brilliant race

NOT: the weather - it was bloody cold and windy up in the Press Box!
Stewards final - Thames were the sacrificial lambs to the GB M4- bumped up from the Visitors just so the British 4 could get a race
Curious, how do you think Thames would have fared in the Visitors, did this cost them a win, or would Brookes have still gotten them? Did they not ask Brookes just because GB was nominally Brookes?
fatsculler
Old timer

Post by fatsculler »

The older I get, the better I was
fatsculler
Old timer

Post by fatsculler »

FullSend wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:16 pm
fatsculler wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:04 pm HOT: GB M4X taking the scalp of the Poles
Spain winning their first ever Henley title (not that the Spanish team have entered that many times0
Brookes were in 6 finals (including composites) and won them all - including 4 consecutive races
Greenwich v Deerfield - a great race in the only all American final
Canada's W8 handing a smack down to the GB W8
Teddies v st Paul's in the PE - the PE final always delivers a brilliant race

NOT: the weather - it was bloody cold and windy up in the Press Box!
Stewards final - Thames were the sacrificial lambs to the GB M4- bumped up from the Visitors just so the British 4 could get a race
Curious, how do you think Thames would have fared in the Visitors, did this cost them a win, or would Brookes have still gotten them? Did they not ask Brookes just because GB was nominally Brookes?
I doubt Thames would’ve won a round in the Visitors
The older I get, the better I was