Access to a 2x in Boston

jeesh999
Pre-Elite

Access to a 2x in Boston

Post by jeesh999 »

Hi there. I'm in Boston for my son's graduation from Northeastern (where he rowed) and on our bucket list is rowing together on the Charles. If anyone has any ideas they can share about where to rent/borrow a 2x (does not need to be a fancy racing shell, and may be better if it isn't) for Wednesday or Thursday morning (May 11, 12) or a private coach who has access and will supervise us, I'd be much obliged. I've tried Cambridge and Union with no luck, and no reply from CRI. I suspect there's not much upside for clubs renting (let alone to an out of towner) so I suspect our best bet would be a coach or someone taking pity on us. Thanks.
Rocket-Sauce
Pre-Elite

Re: Access to a 2x in Boston

Post by Rocket-Sauce »

Did you try Northeastern?
Recipient of 2006 Time Magazine Man of the Year
fullmetal
Old timer

Post by fullmetal »

If NU doesn't have a coach/shell for you, ask the coaches there if they can make inquiries on your behalf with CRI, et al.
jeesh999
Pre-Elite

Post by jeesh999 »

Rocket-Sauce wrote:Did you try Northeastern?
Yeah, it doesn't seem like they have many 2x's. If any. And they're training for Sprints.
jeesh999
Pre-Elite

Post by jeesh999 »

fullmetal wrote:If NU doesn't have a coach/shell for you, ask the coaches there if they can make inquiries on your behalf with CRI, et al.
It looks like you can request a private session with CRI, which I've done. Son doesn't seem to want to bug the coaches this week (Sprints).
Thanks for the replies.