RowAmerica

Moderators: lt.wolf, YouGotMobjacked

fullmetal
Old timer

Re: RowAmerica

Post by fullmetal »

I disagree. I think the standard swim test is a pretty good idea. The Northwestern rower tragedy highlights the importance of water safety for rowers. The familiarity with water and presence of mind to not panic is a huge initial barrier for people who don't know how to swim, and even being able to tread water until the coaching launch gets to you can be a big determinant of whether your overboard crab is merely an embarrassment or a disastrous safety incident.
rowing
Old timer

Post by rowing »

Did not the RA clubs fail in most cases? I spoke to one of representative in the tent at the Charles last year, an Canadian fellow with only an eye for juniors and dollar amounts.
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

It looks like they are moving out of the club business, likely just staying in clubs to support the RowAmerica clubs that are local to the CT / NY area.
Attachments
IMG_3695.PNG
IMG_3695.PNG (2.48 MiB) Viewed 1070 times
sandor
Old timer

Post by sandor »

i'd like to hear the other side's take on that "high & dry/empty promises" line...

if history shows anything, it is that happenings are almost never as one-sided as first reported.
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

I agree
fullmetal
Old timer

Post by fullmetal »

That sounds unfortunate for all involved :( Silver lining--a demand (perhaps insufficient) for rowing can be generated with enough support. Just gotta get these clubs connected with admin and coaching experience, plus equipment.