Who should be USRowing's new CEO?

Moderators: lt.wolf, YouGotMobjacked

crewu
Old timer

Re: Who should be USRowing's new CEO?

Post by crewu »

Slim wrote:
crewu wrote:
Slim wrote:Yes, everyone should give to the NGB who gets sued on the regular so that their philanthropy can go to paying lawyers instead of sending athletes to worlds and the Olympics.
The NRF money ends up at USRowing anyway so what do lawsuits have to do with anything? And what year was the last lawsuit?
If I give to the NRF, I know my money is going to support the national team. If I give to USRowing directly, I don't.
Smart fundraisers know this and will be sure donors gifts are designated as preferred by the donor. This is basic non profit 101. And your gift to the NRF doesn't just go to the national team. It also supports an additional layer of paid bureaucracy at the NRF.
Slim
Old timer

Post by Slim »

crewu wrote:
Slim wrote:
crewu wrote:
Slim wrote:Yes, everyone should give to the NGB who gets sued on the regular so that their philanthropy can go to paying lawyers instead of sending athletes to worlds and the Olympics.
The NRF money ends up at USRowing anyway so what do lawsuits have to do with anything? And what year was the last lawsuit?
If I give to the NRF, I know my money is going to support the national team. If I give to USRowing directly, I don't.
Smart fundraisers know this and will be sure donors gifts are designated as preferred by the donor. This is basic non profit 101. And your gift to the NRF doesn't just go to the national team. It also supports an additional layer of paid bureaucracy at the NRF.
Let me know when the smart fundraisers get to USRowing.
crewu
Old timer

Post by crewu »

Slim wrote:
crewu wrote:
Slim wrote:
crewu wrote:
Let me know when the smart fundraisers get to USRowing.
She just arrived. Have a look at Row NY's form 990s and you will see the increasing millions raised each year.
Slim
Old timer

Post by Slim »

The new CEO is going to fix all what ails USRowing. Again. Tell you what, If USRowing builds trust over the next 4-8 years with the national team alumni, maybe we’ll all change who we write checks to.
Remomex
Old timer

Post by Remomex »

Slim wrote:The new CEO is going to fix all what ails USRowing. Again. Tell you what, If USRowing builds trust over the next 4-8 years with the national team alumni, maybe we’ll all change who we write checks to.
As great as the new CEO looks, I'm surprised that the prevailing thought is that one person can fix an entire organization. You can be the absolute best person for the CEO position, but if the people, resources, and structures around you are crap there's very little effective change you can make.

Otherwise, the organization wouldn't be in the pit it is now.
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

Whatever happened to the US Lightweight Rowing foundation ?
crewu
Old timer

Post by crewu »

Remomex wrote: As great as the new CEO looks, I'm surprised that the prevailing thought is that one person can fix an entire organization. You can be the absolute best person for the CEO position, but if the people, resources, and structures around you are crap there's very little effective change you can make.
You have a pretty dismal view of USRowing but you are right. The structure is crap. That's why the NRF needs to be brought in house. Then the CEO can do the job.
Slim
Old timer

Post by Slim »

lt.wolf wrote:Whatever happened to the US Lightweight Rowing foundation ?
Whatever happened to lightweight rowing...
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

As I sit here eating a brownie sundae and drinking a glass of red whine.... wink
fullmetal
Old timer

Post by fullmetal »

Didn't FISA pass some rule suspending the natural death rule recently?

There's merit to the idea that more than just a good CEO can turn the ship around. Will the BoD even support a good CEO? After all, they allowed Merry to stay on for a long time and couldn't seem to help McNerny make headway.