US Squad and Racing

Moderators: lt.wolf, YouGotMobjacked

oldman
Pre-Elite

Re: US Squad and Racing

Post by oldman »

USRowing is just looking for someone for the long run.
Long'n Strong
Old timer

Post by Long'n Strong »

Mango wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:35 am
socalstroke wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:23 pm
crewu wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:41 pm Sounds like you guys are finally waking up to what I've been saying for years.

USRowing has blackballed Teti.
Which is teti's fault. There is not a single cycle where athletes have not criticized/complained. And when it becomes public, instead of denying those complaints, the response from other athletes is usually along the lines of, ya I get why they said that.

Combined with recent results, not hard to see why USR might want to look elsewhere.
Teti isn't unfailable. He certainly deserves criticism. However I do think it is important to separate the Mike Teti the lead coach for the NGB from Mike Teti boat coach.

Under the current system athletes get to choose where they want to row and who they want to row for, and right now there are more men on the USNT who have chosen to row for Mike at CRC than the rest of the team combined. Over half the roster chooses to set up camp in Oakland. They can go to Princeton, or Sarasota, or Philadelphia, or Craftsbury. But they have chosen CRC. This seems to be a moment where USR is saying no and not the athletes.

I don't think Teti has to be involved or has to be the coach of the 8. My issue is administrative. USR hasn't physically shown up to CRC to keep an eye on the athlete, get out in a launch, etc. Instead they spend their own money to try and cancel out CRC budget trying to pull the men from CRC when they should be using it as a subsidy. All in all it is a net cost of $1M if CRC closes the doors. If Mike can do anything just about as good as anybody in the world it is coach the 8+. And he can do it with a blank check book.

It seems crazy that USR keeps ostracizing him and/or the club and tasking message board admins to start spreading rumors.
I may be wrong, but hasn't Casey Galvanek spent a lot of time at CRC? If so, it's not correct to say that USRowing hasn't shown up or looked at the athletes.
ROWBOTTOM
Varsity

Post by ROWBOTTOM »

Funny thing overheard a few years ago, Amanda's CEO pay package was made bigger than Mike & Tom's so they clearly knew who was #1.
Then post Tokyo, she drops them because of cash pinch, NRF feud, new HP director, making USOPC investigation just go away.

Seems Teti's real unforgivable sin is having donor $$$ follow the athletes vs USRowing. Big picture, Mike gets it, medals require retention, retention is tied to athletes having real jobs and well-rounded lives. He's done it twice, first creating PTC from nothing and now at CRC. Athletes + Process = Outcomes. Maybe another NOC will credential him 8)
socalstroke
Old timer

Post by socalstroke »

Mango wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:35 am
Under the current system athletes get to choose where they want to row and who they want to row for, and right now there are more men on the USNT who have chosen to row for Mike at CRC than the rest of the team combined. Over half the roster chooses to set up camp in Oakland. They can go to Princeton, or Sarasota, or Philadelphia, or Craftsbury. But they have chosen CRC. This seems to be a moment where USR is saying no and not the athletes.

I get your point from a purely financial standpoint but where is this bit about no CRC athletes coming from? Without some more concrete info I also don't put much stock into the idea that trials winners have their coach blocked?

Again staff accreditation isn't something that dropped out of thin air. It was brought up in the fall. Procedures were approved and published in March.
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

I hope you guys are supporting the athletes on Podium Day

https://give.usrowing.org/campaign/usro ... 24/c562221
crewu
Old timer

Post by crewu »

oldman wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:08 am USRowing is just looking for someone for the long run.
BS.

They could pick someone and announce them right now. Nothing stopping them.

In a fair system, a coach prepares and produces the fastest crews. That coach gets named an Olympic coach.

So, by black balling Teti it sends the message that USRowing does not have a fair system. That is the epitome of anti sporting behavior. It is the same attitude that has brought countless law suits against the NGB over the years. If the USRowing Board believes it has a principled reason for not allowing a member of the rowing community to be involved then it has a moral responsibility to be transparent about that.

Othwerwise it is guilty of a bigger scandal. A cover up.
socalstroke
Old timer

Post by socalstroke »

Lol. I look forward to the next "in depth" Chip Davis article all about the scandal. Crewu put out some proof or STFU already.
crewu
Old timer

Post by crewu »

Like clockwork you are always the first to jump in to defect. I wonder why.
FullSend
Elite

Post by FullSend »

Found Teti's burner account
fullmetal
Old timer

Post by fullmetal »

Teti's not the only coach that USRowing has shadow banned.
Long'n Strong
Old timer

Post by Long'n Strong »

Does Mike Teti need "crewu" to fight his battles for him?
crewu
Old timer

Post by crewu »

Long'n Strong wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:07 pm Does Mike Teti need "crewu" to fight his battles for him?
I'm not fighting anyone's battles. Maybe Teti deserves to be blackballed. I just want to know the 'why'.

If it is something that bad then why is USRowing covering it up like the Catholic Church hiding a pedo priest?
socalstroke
Old timer

Post by socalstroke »

Just because you don't know what is going on does not mean there is a conspiracy.
FullSend
Elite

Post by FullSend »

This is like saying I demand to know the reason the Falcons didn't hire Bill Belichick. I don't know, an organisation wants to work with someone different/other people. This happens across sports, industries, etc
crewu
Old timer

Post by crewu »

It is not like that at all.