Open Letter to USRowing Board - Jason Read

Moderators: lt.wolf, YouGotMobjacked

Long & Low
Old timer

Re: Open Letter to USRowing Board - Jason Read

Post by Long & Low »

crewu wrote:Time to revisit JRs letter.

Time to make changes.

The Board of Directors need to take action.
Agreed!

I saw the letter late but I come back to it now and then. Nice starting point for a discussion on a number of issues.

I am especially fond of the proposal to open the LM4- to a trial, As is they are locked in mediocrity
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

I hate to say this but men's lightweight rowing is locked in mediocrity currently. I see small glimpses under Volp and now with Campbell and a few other young guys.
crewu
Old timer

Post by crewu »

Long & Low wrote:
crewu wrote:Time to revisit JRs letter.

Time to make changes.

The Board of Directors need to take action.
Agreed!

I saw the letter late but I come back to it now and then. Nice starting point for a discussion on a number of issues.

I am especially fond of the proposal to open the LM4- to a trial, As is they are locked in mediocrity
If the President of USRowing is not going to remove the CEO then it is up to the national team athletes to tell their athlete representative on the Board to call for a vote of no confidence in the President. Langford seems like a nice guy but we need someone that is more than a figurehead to give toasts at receptions. We need a leader at this time. Someone who has led a competitive team before. Not run a community program or been a referee. Cipollone, Dietz or Collins need to step up for the sake of their sport today.
bayrower
Pre-Elite

Post by bayrower »

I spoke to Dietz this summer. He is aware that there needs to be some big improvements.