25%
No, and she may even win a medal.
75%

Total votes: 20

Norm
Old timer

Re: Lay Down Sally

Post by Norm »

I thought the ire of other rowers leveled at Robbins in '04 was justified for her breaking the unwritten social contract that exists in team rowing. I also think that had Eric Clapton never recorded that song, she wouldn't have gotten all the bad press. I thought her rowing comeback 'in '08 was a nice to see and I am all for her taking up cycling. I think it exhibits a pretty normal mental state - what normalcy there is in all of this extreme effort we do/did. She's obviously doing this for her own pleasure, knowing full well that she will probably never make it. So let the girl enjoy herself. Lord knows many on these pages, myself included, were pretty sure they were outsiders for a national team, and yet kept up the effort despite the odds. I hope she tries street luge, team handball, table tennis, and anything else just for the joy of training and competing. Since not making the '08 team, she owes no-one anything, certainly not the media.
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back - Piet Hein
GDI
Pre-Elite

Ruckman

Post by GDI »

Turtle wrote:Is he willing to accept that the mountain is covered in white while the skier is dressed in colored attire? This is to reflect that skier can exist only because of, and over top of, the efforts of Mother Nature.

:wink:
Now now, Greg and I have had our moments this past year, but he pursued the legal arbitration process as was his right, and risked his name, opportunities to make national teams, and financial health to do so.