Substitutions for qualified trials entries, post selection?

Moderators: lt.wolf, YouGotMobjacked

rowing
Old timer

Re: Substitutions for qualified trials entries, post selection?

Post by rowing »

You're definitely drinkin' the kool-aid.

Fairness to athletes is one thing, but consistency and durability of policies and procedures is critical. It builds trust long term. The current ones are flawed in too many ways.

The train wreck is coming.

If it meets CST....
scullerjonny
Elite

Post by scullerjonny »

Has appendix I changed much compared to 2000-2022? Are there specific changes you think are bad? I am quite confused what you don’t like about appendix I of current procedures that you think prior appendix I did a better job with.

Assuming appendix I has not really changed, doesn’t that provide the durability and consistency you want?

Or is it that you don’t like what happens prior to appendix I being used??

I thought this topic was all about gripes with the substitution rules. I am quite lost…
rowing
Old timer

Post by rowing »

What changed was CST as a gatekeeper for entries unsupported by USRowing.

Choo choo choo choo choo choo choo!!!!!
scullerjonny
Elite

Post by scullerjonny »

[quote="rowing"]What changed was CST as a gatekeeper for entries unsupported by USRowing.

Choo choo choo choo choo choo choo!!!!![/quote]

Got it, you started a topic about substitutions and appendix I, realized you don't have a gripe with those but instead don't like the new standard that applies before you ever get to appendix I. I now understand. Just as a reminder, there was a standard pre 2007 for all boats, including those that usrowing didn't have any control over and did not support. That standard kept home a number of athletes from some competitions. Two I know of in trials boats went on to be multiple time national team members, one an olympian with some world cup medals....there are probably others.
rowing
Old timer

Post by rowing »

Choo choo choo choo choo choo choo!!!!!

Don't worry, it will all become crystal clear at the very last moment. You wouldn't want to miss it!

I have no gripe with any except those that think "that can't possibly happen!!" Because somehow it alfuckways does.

The fact that you can point to a previous era of gatekeeping that was subsequently lifted is almost a comedy script in its own right.